Day 1 of life as a marathoner…

…aka day 4 in NYC. Click here to read day 1,  click here to read day 2 and click here to read day 3 of my adventures in NYC!


The day after the marathon was incredibly busy! We had a jam-packed trip since most of my family hasn’t been to NYC before, so we had to do EVERYTHING as fast as we could!

The Hubs and I woke early to go to Central Park where the New York Road Runners’ “Marathon Monday” where the line was RIDICULOUSLY long to get my time engraved in my medal and to buy NYCM finishers’ gear. 

It was neat to go into Central Park again because I didn’t really realize it during the race because I was so focused on running to a medic.

We hurried back to join our families and catch our tour bus for a 9-hour tour to see EVERYTHING that we wanted to see.

First stop, ironically, Central Park. We saw Strawberry Fields, the area in memory of John Lennon used to live. Fun fact, this was the exact area that I excited the race the day before. John Lennon used to live in The Dakota and after the race I met the hubs at The Dakota Bar. Anyway, this whole area is dedicated to John Lennon, so we took a photo with the “Imagine” mosaic.

Then we went to Rockefeller Plaza (where we had our dance party the night before!)

 And saw the NBC studio! Being a media teacher, this was epic!

 Oh, of course the NYCM race medal had to come along too.

 Then we learned that any building in NYC has to have a water tower. Interesting, huh?

Then we drove down 5th Avenue to go to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

We got on a boat that took us to the Statue of Liberty

 My view of Manhattan from the boat.

The view of NYC from Liberty Island was beautiful!

Looking up into the Statue

The views from around her pedestal 

 The Verizano bridge in the distance – which was the first two miles of the NYCM!

Then the NYCM medal wanted its picture taken with the bridge in the background too.

 And with Manhattan in the background.

From the Statue of Liberty we went to Ellis Island to look for the names of our ancestors.

We didn’t have long there (which was really unfortunate) before we got back on the boat to Manhattan.

Next up was the Wall Street bull

On our way to the New York Stock Exchange we saw buildings that were SUPER close together

NYSE on your left

This is the church that George Washington took the oath of office.

I don’t remember what this is, but is sure is beautiful! By the way, it was 5:00pm when this picture was taken. It gets dark EARLY in NYC!

Then we headed over to the 9/11 memorial, which was the most beautiful and meaningful things I’ve ever seen. Especially at nighttime.

After the tour we went to dinner at The View in Times Square, NYC’s only revolving restaurant. They had an elevator that went 

We had to rush through dinner to make it to Mamma Mia!, my second Broadway play of the trip!

Then we ended the night by going back to the View for the dessert we skipped out on! (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i[‘GoogleAnalyticsObject’]=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,’script’,’//’,’ga’); ga(‘create’, ‘UA-57779722-1’, ‘auto’); ga(‘send’, ‘pageview’);


2 thoughts on “Day 1 of life as a marathoner…

Let me know your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s